Most frequent questions and answers
why is mental health important?
- You are struggling with mental health issues, or you have received a diagnosis such as depression, Bipolar disorder, or anxiety disorder ranging from mild to severe.
- You have one or more mental health disorders that substantially interfere with your ability to carry out the primary aspects of daily living such as self-care, household management, interpersonal relationships and performances in school work.
- You find yourself getting very upset or tearful over varying aspects of life, or you just need to talk.
ZeeMaya’s Care utilizes a HIPAA compliant platform called Charm health which offers unique links for each appointment to ensure all client information is safe. why is mental health important Prior to each appointment, clients will sign on from the comfort of their home (or where you are, -one benefit of Telepsychiatry). Once the appointment is over and you log off, the link will become inactive. A new link will be sent prior to your next appointment.
Each session is just like a traditional in-office setting, but you can skip the travel time and traffic. You can miss less time at work or with family and still make your mental health a priority.
The benefit of Telepsychiatry is you are no longer tied to finding mental health care in your area.
When establishing care, you want to bring
- All medications over the counter or prescribed
- ID cards
- Pharmacy information including name, address and phone number
- Name and contact of who referred you
- Any relevant legal paperwork such as court order if appropriate
It is understandable that things come up and life happens-if you need to reschedule your appointment or cancel please reach out as soon as you can within 24 hours. A $ 100 fee will be incurred for all Initial psychiatric evaluations who no show, or no call 24 hours prior to their appointment. For follow-up visits a $50 fee will be incurred for all no show, no call 24 hours prior to their appointment.
At this time Ms. Fofanah does not participate with any insurance, HMOs, or Medicare. Payment in full is due at the time of the service, payable by check, or credit card. Medicare beneficiaries will be required by law, to sign the Medicare Opt- Out agreement (included under patient forms) before Ms.Fofanah’s services can be rendered. Booking an appointment with Ms. Fofanah you have knowingly, voluntarily, and specifically selected an out-of-network provider to provide services for you. By booking an appointment you are consenting and agree to pay for services rendered regardless of your coverage. You are responsible for finding out your coverage, managing your account, payment for and requesting a receipt for and the balance of your bill for services.